Tuesday, October 6, 2009

My Love of Vintage


Now that I have my line of purses launched I keep thinking about what inspired me to design. I know it must be my love of vintage because even as a child I loved my moms jewelry box filled with rhinestones from the 40s!!! I use to sneak into her closet and borrow her clothes in High School.....her velvet cape, fur coat and beaded sweaters...I WAS A HIPPIE OK? Anyway it of course continued thru to Senior year where everyone knew me as a rock stars old lady...my favorite outfit was a 1920s chiffon floral dress, a burgandy velvet peplum jacket over it with red velvet ankle strap wedgie shoes!!!! I was hot.......(HAHA) So when I still covet beautiful brocade fabrics and vintage jewels to embellish the clutches it all makes sense.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Anna, I love everything vintage too, I should have been born years before I was. My favorite time period is the 40's (I was born in 1949 so I missed most of it!) I love the Big Bands, and the way the ladies dressed was sooo feminine and lovely...I inherited my mama's vintage rhinestone jewelry and I treasure it so...wearing it makes me feel closer to her since she is now gone...your designs are lovely!... Bisous... Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete